We believe every kid has a story to tell.
We’re on a mission to help more kids find their stories.
We bring engaging creative writing programs to schools that otherwise wouldn’t have the resources to hire a visiting writer because:
- We believe that every kid deserves to have their words and imagination taken seriously.
- We believe that kids deserve stories that reflect the full human spectrum and that one part of cultivating more diverse books is supporting diverse writers from an early age.
- We believe in paying artists for their work while making top-notch programs available to communities with scarce resources.
- We believe we can move whole systems by making more intentional connections across generations and between established and future writers.
- We believe it doesn’t take a lot to make a difference. In fact, we’re already proving it!
We make every gift count.
Because we work with existing nonprofits and operate under the auspices of VCFA, our overhead costs are minimal. The bulk of donations directly fuel our programs for young writers.
We’re grateful for the generous support of more than 120 friends and members of the VCFA community as well as more than a dozen foundations and industry sponsors.